Fixed! 'Your changes have not been saved' message appearing when clicking 'Save and close'

Thursday, April 9, 2009 | 4:16 PM

Hi everyone,

We're aware of an issue that can cause the 'your changes have not been saved' dialog to appear when clicking the 'Save and close' button in documents. Please rest assured that your changes are still saved when clicking this button.

We're working on preventing this dialog from appearing after saving and expect to have a fix in place in the near future. I'll be sure to share any updates with the group.

-Steve

Update: This has now been fixed

5 comments:

ahab said...

Is it possible this update has the undesired side-effect of removing DL, DT and DD tags form documents?

inm said...

does this apply to offline editing? I am running gears on firefox 3.0.8 on windows xp media centre.

one of my google docs wont open in offline mode. that is it opens and i edit and it seems to save the edits whether or not i am connected, but it doesnt have the yellow band at the top saying working offline. and each save throws up the "your changes are not saved" dialogue.

when my laptop self shudown when out of battey charge and i restored the firefox session on rebooting it seems no edits were actually lost. but it still doesnt open with the yellow offline header although another doc on another tab does. Any explanations/ should i reinstall gears? It also strangely seems i have no application data or local settings folders according to a search so i couldnt go zip up the profile gears profile directory as advised by one of the help pages.
thanks

Meg said...

Today, for the first time, I am having this problem as well.

When google documents goes to autosave, a text box opens that says the following:

"An internal error has prevented Google Docs from saving your changes. The error has been logged for immediate investigation. We're sorry for any inconvenience."

Rebecca said...

I was constantly getting an error today in Google Docs during autosaves that I believe said: "An internal error has prevented Google Docs from saving your changes. The error has been logged for immediate investigation. We're sorry for any inconvenience."

And it did NOT save changes. I finally gave up because only some of what I was doing was being saved.

Anonymous said...

I see this message several times today. I can't save and delete that file but I can tag (move to folder) it. I hope it will be (real) fix soon. I love google docs but I feel pain to use it when it has this problem.