FIXED - Unable to export a document that includes a drawing
Friday, May 8, 2009 | 5:46 PM
UPDATE: This has now been fixed.
-----------
We've just discovered an issue when exporting documents which include drawings. We're working on a fix.
In the meantime, you can workaround the issue by exporting your drawing separately as a .png (click 'Edit' > 'Export' from within the drawing editor). Once you've exported the drawing, you can remove it from your Google document. You'll be able to export your document after the drawing has been removed, and can then re-add the .png directly to your exported document.
Apologies for the inconvenience. I'll update this thread as soon as the issue has been taken care of.
-Steve

4 comments:
Kim Pepper said...
I have removed all drawings from my document, but I still can't export it.
May 13, 2009 at 8:02 PM
Hendrik Achenbach said...
Hi Steve,
Any update on this one? I've created a doc with a drawing and need it as a PDF. I understand the workaround, but it'd be great to have this fixed.
Thanks,
Hendrik
May 16, 2009 at 12:09 PM
Hendrik Achenbach said...
I just figured out a different workaround to export a doc that contains a drawing to PDF:
1) Open doc for editing
2) Go to HTML/Web preview
3) Use the Web browser function to print the page to a virtual PDF printer
To improve the output, you might want to adjust the page settings in the Web browser to remove the header and footer (URL, time stamp).
May 16, 2009 at 12:37 PM
Unknown said...
Any ETA on a fix? This is biting me real bad right now.
May 20, 2009 at 10:04 AM
Post a Comment