Announcing New Google Spreadsheets Features

Friday, June 26, 2009 | 5:01 PM

Hello,

Here's what new in latest Google Spreadsheets release:

Solve - with Solve, you can easily optimize linear equations by specifying a target cell for the result and adding constraints to help you reach your answer. Find out more about Solve here: http://docs.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=139704

ROMAN function - converting numbers into Roman numerals is as easy as I, II, III. Find out more about the ROMAN function here: http://docs.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=152703

Forms improvements - we're adding section headers to allow you to divide your form in sections and provide more information for your respondents within the form. Find out more about editing forms here: http://docs.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=141062

We've also fixed quite a few bugs:

Fixed - broken 'Let people view/edit without signing in'. Please note: if any of your viewers have Offline enabled, they would still be asked to sign-in before they can view your spreadsheets. Learn more about how Offline works here: http://docs.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=98581

Fixed - 'Autosave' time is always in Pacific time and doesn't show timezone

Fixed - can't unhide the first row in a sheet

Fixed - allow users to edit multiple forms in 1 browser

Fixed - Form Title doesn't inherit the document title as it gets updated

Fixed - the 'Upload new version' window does not list .txt or .csv option

Enjoy! As always, we're looking forward to your feedback.

Christine

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice updates. It appears though that a glitch arrived with the update, such that some users have trouble giving other users permission to their spreadsheets. We can add users and grant them "Can Edit" access, but those users get the error "you do not have permission", even though they truly do. Any news on resolving this?

Monica said...

Please, please--I really need a transfer ownership option for my spreadsheets. I make a lot of them at work, and I need to get them into a different account in advance of leaving this position.

blogger said...

Change / Transfer Ownership of Spreadsheets is sorely needed and its been in process for a year now.
Google Docs Dev Team... PLEASE make this a priority. It is a big deal and it seems to be on the back burner or forgotten. I know Google has known about this and arguably has been working on it since last summer at least. I second Monica's wise comment :)

Dr. Lo said...

If you could add the following features, I will never need to use Excel in the courses I teach:


1. Trend lines (linear and polynomial) for scatterplots


2. Linear Regression (multivariable)

Unknown said...

Does anyone know how to turn off the "thank you" when someone selects "submit" on a form?