Template submissions!
Friday, July 17, 2009 | 12:55 PM
Hello everyone,We are very excited to announce the launch of template submissions for the template gallery! Last year, we launched to all of you the template gallery. Since then, we've heard from many of you that you'd like to submit your own unique templates to the public gallery so that everyone can benefit from them. To learn more about the template submission launch, please visit our team blog below.Additionally, we have some help content to get you started with template submissions. You'll find this information at the help topic below.We can't wait to see what you create in the template gallery! Cheers,Marie

6 comments:
Anonymous said...
Hi there.
I have seen some questions regarding to templates on Google Docs Help Forum, which are left without answer, since other users have little knowledge of them.
I do have some templates (pt-br) on my site, and I feel myself responsible for answering questions that the users have about them.
I would like to suggest that, as a requirement for posting templates in the repository, makers should allow a channel for answering questions about those templates.
July 23, 2009 at 11:59 AM
The Eskimo said...
This is an excellent, excellent, excellent feature. However, I posted a template and my full name appeared next to it. So I removed the template and I will start posting some again only my alias (Danny) appears next to the template.
July 23, 2009 at 5:47 PM
Jason said...
Is is possible to sort templates in languages English, Chinese, etc.. I've tired of sorting through templates I can't read or understand.
August 1, 2009 at 4:26 PM
berkelep said...
When you select a template that has been created from a spreadsheet that has a form associated with one of the sheets, it brings you to edit the form rather than directly to the spreadsheet. The only way to access the spreadsheet is to 'See responses' > 'Spreadsheet'.
It would be nice if after you selected a spreadsheet template from the gallery that uses a form, you were taken directly to the spreadsheet, not the form.
August 4, 2009 at 7:18 AM
Lutz said...
A lot of crappy templates are now in the gallery. It would help finding templates, if the users could attach public TAGs to the templates!
BTW: I just submitted the first DUPLEX print template. You need to view it as PDF to see the double side print effect: http://docs.google.com/previewtemplate?id=0AT_CKlZSmYdHZGNxeHNnaGtfNDJzYm5zYmRmNA&mode=public
August 4, 2009 at 10:06 AM
Lutz said...
The template thumbnails are not rendered correctly! They look different! Neither like the plain view, nor like the fixed width view and also not like the PDF view!
August 4, 2009 at 10:36 AM
Post a Comment