Introducing the drawings feature of Google Docs...
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 | 6:25 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm happy to announce the launch of a new drawings feature in Google Docs:
- Insert a wide variety of shapes, lines and arrows
- Create your own drawings with the 'Scribble' option
- Easily add text to your shapes
To get started, just click Insert > Drawing from within a document, spreadsheet or presentation.
For more information, check out the Google Docs Help Center at http://docs.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?topic=20975
As always, we'd love to hear your feedback :)
-Steve

10 comments:
ahab said...
I can not see a drawing (Text box, rotated) in the Print Preview or the PDF rendering of a text document. I'm using Google Chrome...
March 26, 2009 at 3:31 AM
Anonymous said...
Hello.
Nice feature.
It would be cool if we could insert newlines, at least in text boxes.
March 26, 2009 at 4:40 AM
Gill said...
It doesn't work for me in FF or Chrome - I get the pane coming up but it has no tools.
I did make it work in IE, but as it does not appear to download to print, pdf, word, rtf or even html it is of limited use!
It's a great idea, but not quite there yet. (Personally I'd have preferred equations before drawings - which can after all be done elsewhere and imported - but then I'm just an old grump).
March 26, 2009 at 4:52 AM
Gill said...
update: it is now working in Chrome - no idea why it didn't before. Still only shows on screen though, won't print etc.
March 26, 2009 at 5:37 AM
Ed said...
Yes, great on FF, until you want to print it out...
It might get really good soon though.
March 26, 2009 at 7:03 AM
Luc Patry said...
Printing:
The drawing feature is a great and very significative addition to Google Docs. Unfortunatly, I could not print my drawings: I tried from a Mac and a PC using Firefox on both platforms and Explorer on my PC.
Luc Patry
March 26, 2009 at 10:58 AM
Unknown said...
I tried the drawing feature but couldn't print! The rest of the page printed but the drawing object didn't and didn't show up in Print Review either?
Danny
March 26, 2009 at 3:52 PM
Ian Birkby said...
A drawing on a spreadsheet is not visible when viewed on my iPhone
March 28, 2009 at 1:45 PM
Unknown said...
Lovely feature, but the drawing is not visible to anyone with whom I shared the document.
April 1, 2009 at 12:21 PM
Yogi Anand said...
Addition of the Drawing ToolBar ... I like it. I played with it a bit -- it is a little quirky but that might be just me in that I have to get hang of it.
Good Job Google Experts. Now when is the macro capability coming?
April 1, 2009 at 4:48 PM
Post a Comment